IEEE BlackSeaCom 2022 offers a limited number of travel grants (in US Dollars) to the students who registered and co-authored an accepted paper in IEEE BlackSeaCom 2022, on a competition basis. Each award is subject to travel reimbursement. Conditions for receiving an award are as follows:
- The student applicant must be a student member of the IEEE Communications Society.
- The student applicant must be a co-author of an accepted paper in IEEE BlackSeaCom 2022 and present it at the conference.
- The student applicant must be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelor’s, Masters’s, or PhD degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field in a college or university when submitting their applications.
- During the expense reimbursement stage, the student applicant must show proof of having registered to attend the IEEE BlackSeaCom 2022 conference.
A student who is awarded a student travel grant must attend the conference in person. The student must register, attend, and present the paper (if the student is a co-author) at the conference. Payment will only be made to the student as long as the award recipient submits the expense report (with receipts) within 45 days after the conference. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive the STG award.
How to Apply
The application must include the following:
- A reference letter from the student’s advisor.
- The student’s up-to-date resume including citizenship (required), ethnicity, and gender (optional, used to broaden the participation of under-represented students).
- A half-to-one page letter to state the purpose of attending the conference.
- The IEEE Student Membership number.
Please address your STG applications and/or question to Mehmet Ulema (email@example.com) and Dmitry Bankov (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the mandatory subject:”[IEEE BlackSeaCom 2022] STG Question: Your Last Name”.
Non-discrimination: IEEE is committed to the principle that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, services, and employment without regard to personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by IEEE policy and/or applicable laws.
For more information on the IEEE policy visit here.
Please note that the deadline for Student Travel Grant applications is 6 June 2022.